Monday, April 28, 2014

LAST letter from Greeley!

After our 20 mile bike ride to Pres. Brown's home in Windsor, CO last week!

This has been one of the best/toughest weeks of my mission. The bike ride to President Brown's house in Windsor was the best p-day of my mission so far. So much fun!!! R was baptized and confirmed. We had so many less active members at church yesterday. Tuesday was Earth Day (Happy late Earth Day). We got to help out one of my favorite members who is in a wheelchair with some gardening. Service projects are always a highlight of my week. Saturday I found out I was leaving Greeley and being sent to Rawlins, Wyoming. It's the northwest corner of our mission boundaries. It's been really hard to say good-bye to people, but for some reason I'm excited to go to Rawlins. Everyone here says I'm going to love it. I trust that Heavenly Father knows what He is doing. Sister Grammer, Elder Torres, Elder Winter and I all gave talks in church yesterday. I had the opportunity to speak about our life on earth. There are so many things that are important for us to know here, but I focused on making and keeping covenants. Nothing compares to the strength that comes when we do our best to keep covenants with our Heavenly Father. EJ showed up and attended church with us! She is a convert/returned missionary I met up in Laramie who was traveling through :) Her visit made my entire week! Yesterday Sister Grammer and I contacted someone that Joanne Hill mentioned we should visit. They opened the door and immediately said, "No, thanks," and almost had the door shut when I blurted out the Hills names. This caught their attention. I explained that I went to church with the Hills and Grove even taught me as a youth. They let us in and we ended up talking a little about the temple :) Tell the missionaries about your friends. We would have never gotten in if it wasn't for Joanne's help. Thank you! This morning we went on one last bike ride to the wall downtown. Life is good. Change is good.

Love you all!!!
Sister Rashauna Hoer

Making hundreds of burritos for the food bank

R's baptism! 

Sister Grammer and I riding tandem

Smile!

Last bike ride in Greeley...

At the mural in downtown Greeley.

I had to include this sign for Brandilyn & the Tennessee gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment