Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Greeley Letter #21

More snow in Greeley -- Sister Grammer and I

My awesome fortune this week

Only in Greeley -- these are in someone's front yard!

My soccer team this Monday, whew-whew!

Sister Grammer, so owl-like!

My turn with the owl

Well, it's been another miracle filled week. I didn't fall down any flights of stairs and WE HAVE THREE NEW INVESTIGATORS on top of the several people that are already steadily progressing.

We had all sorts of cool experiences happen while on exchanges. Sis. Grammer found an investigator in our area and I found a couple while in the Centennial ward's area with another sister missionary. It's been crazy trying to plan exchanges alone during this transfer (especially because I don't like leaving my area, haha). With both of us sets of sisters, most of our set plans for the day didn't work out, but we just kept going and that's when the Spirit directs us to where we most needed to be.

Sister Grammer and I were happy to be working back together in our area on Wednesday. We've been biking everywhere for our in town appointments, and it's been fantastic! R loves it when we show up on our bikes. He's doing really, really well. He invited most of his family to his baptism on the 26th and he continues to get more and more excited as the day approaches. The ward has helped out so much with getting him to church and making him feel welcome.

We got a referral for a woman named M. She is looking for a church, and when we met with her she informed us she has already been reading the Book of Mormon!!!! We are very excited to meet with her again this week, as well as to meet with J, the investigator that Sister Grammer found when we were on splits. People are being prepared everywhere, we just have to keep our eyes open for opportunities.

R said the most amazing prayer during our last lesson.  He is an older gentleman, so he struggles to remember even some of the little things. However, he said his first prayer without having to ask us how to start or how to finish. He said a prayer after the example that our Savior set. I was in tears by the time he thanked Heavenly Father for the support He has given him by sending us sister missionaries. I had this brief but powerful thought about being able to continue our friendship with R after this life. I keep learning that real and lasting relationships are based on eternal principles. Moral of the story: if you want friends in heaven, invite them to come to church. Hahahaha, I'm only half kidding.

B didn't make it to church, but I fasted specifically for her this week and I feel completely at peace about it. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for her and we went over Sunday night just to make sure she knows we still love her. Love is truly the greatest motivator. I have no doubt in my mind that she will be at church next week.

Love you all, do something nice for a family member today!!!
Sister Rashauna Hoer




No comments:

Post a Comment