Thursday, April 3, 2014

Greeley Letter #19

Rashauna and Sister Grammer

A new Chick-fil-a opened in Greeley!

The discovery of a canoe at a member's house during a recent lunch appointment.

The elders pulled off a trick on the sisters: whip cream on the door knob!

So this week, Sister Grammer and I have decided to eat healthier.  We both just feel terrible at times and are determined to do something about it!  Complaints without action to try and make things better has always been a pet peeve of mine, so I'm trying not to be a hypocrite.  The really neat part about this is that on Friday when we were helping pass out food from the food bank we ended up being able to take home the left over stuff: grapefruit, strawberries, potatoes, and tomatoes!!!  Thanks for the help Heavenly Father.

We play soccer every morning at the church building during our workout time. It involves us getting up super early, but it's so much fun and I've just really been gaining a stronger testimony of the Word of Wisdom.  Taking care of our bodies is important to help us to fully enjoy life.  R told us this week a story about how one of his daughters brought him a cup of coffee and he was about to drink it but remembered at the last minute that this is against the Word of Wisdom.  He almost spilled it when he said, "I can't drink this!"  Ha-ha, he always makes us laugh. He is a great story teller.  He came to church again :)  We are just so excited about all the progress that he is making and we continue to visit one or twice a week to prepare him for his baptism on the 26th of April.

So, Sister Grammer is a girl of many hidden talents.  While at the bike shop this week (a member recently referred one of the owners to us) she started riding around a unicycle!!!!!  She is always making me laugh or drop my jaw. She's great. We visited K and had one of the best lessons we've every had with her. Her desire is growing and you can see it by the way she has been acting. She has been more attentive ad asking more questions. It's beautiful :)

We live with the most amazing people. Yes, I am fully aware I say this about every home we find ourselves living in, but it's true. The Walker's take such good care of us. I keep thinking that we are going to get a...not so good...living situation because it seems too good to be true. The Buss family, the Bugarins, and now the Walkers. I just feel so spoiled.

We got to help Z again on Friday. We had the most amazing discussion with her about the Plan of Happiness that God has for us. We basically taught her a lesson without calling it one. She doesn't do well with the set appointments, but she loves talking and learning about the gospel in a more relaxed environment. It's so important that people are comfortable. If they aren't, they can't feel the Spirit. So I think that's where service comes in handy. Did I ever tell you that M, the manager of Salvation Army got baptized?? I hope so. That's the power of service, folks.

The Women's Relief Society Broadcast was incredible!!! I loved every second of it. Some things that really stuck out to me were the influence and power of the role of women and especially the role of mothers. It's often a role that doesn't receive a lot of recognition in the world, but I'm convinced parenting is the most important role in society.

We've invited J and B to have family prayer each night. It was so neat to kneel down with their family and pray with them. It was the first time that they've ever done it and it was super powerful.

Sunday was really great. We met with L and had a great lesson with her. It's so neat to see Heavenly Father helping the people around us. It's so evident when we open our eyes and look for His love. And...that's pretty much it.  I'm sure a ton of other amazing things happened, but I'm exhausted. I always wondered what was going through Leshelle's head when there were weeks and she didn't feel as much like sending an email home...I think I'm beginning to understand, ha-ha!

Enjoy conference!! Invite someone to watch it with you :)

Love,
Sister Rashauna Hoer

No comments:

Post a Comment