Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fort Collins Letter #12

I read something really neat the other day in a talk by Elder Scott. He spoke about the blessings that come when we serve others. Shining a light on ourselves only blinds us, however, when directed outwards that light will illuminate our path.
 
 
I was able to go to the Denver Temple on Friday with Sister O'Donovan. It was her 'departing trip' that I got to tag along for. I never wanted to leave. It is the most peaceful place. I read the last part of Alma 34 while I was there and some things really stuck out to me. Particularly not contending with the Holy Ghost, if something is good (no matter how difficult, unconvenient, unpopular, awkward, etc.) do it. Simple as that. Oh and I got to see Elder Heywood, the missionary that reminds me of Seth. I'm not sure if I told you already but, in the MTC I told him not to get weirded out but "you remind me of my little brother..." He surprised me when he said, "No way! You remind me so much of my older sister!!!" Well needless to say, he was just as excited to see me as I was to see him there. So we took a professional picture together (and Sister Gregory of course).
 
I'm officially in the Fort Collins Mission. Have I told you that already? I found out last Saturday that I will be staying in the same area (Stetson Creek Ward in the Loveland Zone) and training!!!! Well I'm excited, terrified, nervous, and calm all at the same time. I got to meet Sister Rosier, my new companion, yesterday. She is amazing. I am really looking forward to getting to know her better, but I feel like I already love her. There is something really neat about her. I know she is here for the right reasons and that in itself gives us a lot in common.
 
The weeks keep speeding up. It's been an incredible last few days though. I've really had a peace come over me that is directly related to my testimony of Jesus Christ. There is so much to learn still, but I know that through Him all things are possible. I know that my weaknesses will never hinder His purposes. I have felt so peaceful and sure of what I am doing with each day I'm out here. Heavenly Father really loves us. I can feel it.
 
I'm excited to read along with you in the Book of Mormon starting June 1st. It will be fun to see how many people join in! Keep me posted.
 
I sure love you guys, I have to tell you a cool story. I was at the mission office yesterday picking up my new companion and there was a huge table where they had the mail for the week. Instead of forwarding it, they just let us pick our letters up while we were in town. I hadn't made it over that way yet (I got distracted by several of the missionaries I was in the MTC with!!! I love seeing them!!) when I heard, "Who is Sister Hoer (pronounced incorrectly), she gets all the mail!" Family and friends, I cannot adequately describe what all your support has meant to me. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about each one of you and how lucky I am. Thank you so so so very much. You mean the world to me.
 
Sincerely,
Sister Rashauna Hoer

No comments:

Post a Comment