Monday, May 13, 2013

Fort Collins Letter #10

I thought about you a lot yesterday mom. During Sacrament meeting talks, sunday school, relief society, member visits. I think about you all the time, but I hope you know how grateful I am for you. You are such a good example of unconditional love, one lesson I truly cherish and will never forget. You inspire me to be better. Thank you and happy mother's day (again). Stay groovy ;)
 
I can't tell you how neat it was to hear all your voices. It reminded me of why I'm here. It reminded me of the blessings that come from living the gospel. It reminded me of what I am here to offer to others, or more correctly stated, what Heavenly Father has to offer.
 
In Relief Society, Sister Jensen (is an amazing teacher) led the lesson on families. We talked all about how our relationships are actually strengthened after this life. I just kept thinking about how much I care about my family, about how much they care about me, and how much we have to look forward to.
 
I also read Grandpa Hoer's sacrament meeting talk on patience and persistance this morning. It was so motivating and just what I needed to hear, just like this email was. I feel like all my prayers are being answered. Being a missionary is amazing. Amazingly hard and amazingly humbling and amazing in every sense of the word.
 
We are starting to meet with members as we have been discouraged from tracting. It has been going so well. Members are so supportive and I can't tell you how important they are to seeing the work progress and truly bringing people unto Christ.
 
Love you,
Sister Rashauna Hoer
 
(Pray for missionary opportunities!!!! Everybody!!! and then take advantage of them when they come)

No comments:

Post a Comment