Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Rawlins Letter #13

Gift from my nephew Taven Duffey

Necklace from R, cookies from Sister Grammer, and the shirt I designed

Running into M at Walmart was awesome!

Sleeping in the truck, under the stars

A little game of tick-tack-toe during lunch one day

A typical visit at the Smiley's home :)

R GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK. It was in Chicago, his new home where his immediate and new ward family was able to attend. He sent us pictures on Saturday that made me tear up a little bit.

Tuesday was transfer day. We put up a bunch of funny notes and signs for the new sister coming to Rawlins and then headed to Laramie to pick her up. We stopped by Walmart for a quick shopping trip and we were cruising through the isles when I hear, "Sister Hoer?" It was M!!!!!!!! The manager from Salvation Army when I was serving in Laramie. It was so good to see her and hear that she is in the young women's presidency. She seems so happy. She talked about how easy it was to give up things and change others once she knew the gospel was true. The spirit helps us become more Christ-like and the more like Him we become, the more happy we are. It's always cool to see that in action. We also stopped by Grandma T's for a quick visit and song. I don't think anyone has ever gotten me to sing so much in my life, but I can't say no to Grandma T. I actually enjoy singing out loud when she's around.

I got packages from the Davidsons, Duffeys, and Sister Grammer this week. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I use stuff every day that makes me think of you guys. So when I was back in Greeley, I designed a shirt that we submitted to be made. After a long wait, Sister Grammer sent me the final product. We each have one and several people have already asked how they can get one. Awesome!!!

We had some really cool lessons this week. We talked about service with less-actives and about the spirit. I got to do some community service by drawing for the Chamber of Commerce. Life is just pretty dang good these days. We had a ward Pioneer Day activity. We helped kids make paper hats for a while then tried our hand at stilts, sack races, and an unplanned water fight. We got completely soaked. S came and had a really good time. People kept her company the whole time. Members are great.

We got a phone call from T that night (the one night we didn't have a dinner appointment) and she tells us her and J are going to Pizza Hut and invites us to come along. That woman is inspired :) We got there late (which is normal for Sister Waite and I ... we're working on it). They had already ordered pizza for us: veggie for me and a bunch of other kinds for everyone else. We had the best time visiting and playing with J's kids. We shared one of my current favorite scriptures, Mosiah 15:9, and talked about justice and mercy. Even though we were in the middle of a busy restaurant, the spirit was present. That's just how meetings are with T.

Miracles are everywhere. Sister Waite and I feel so lucky to be a part of so many people's lives out here that allows us to see so many miracles. His hand truly is in our every day lives.

Oh, and Sister Waite and I slept int the bed of our truck last night just for fun. It was a clear night and the stars were beautiful.

Love, 
Sister Rashauna Hoer

No comments:

Post a Comment