Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Laramie Letter #3


I only have a limited time on email this week because I'll be in Torrington, Wyoming tomorrow till Wednesday. I get to go on exchanges with Sister Gregory. I'm looking forward to that, and it's always fun to be in a new area. I always feel like I can ask anyone anything (not that I'm blunt already - it gets a little scary).

I just finished Helaman 4 this morning! So we're right next to each other. My studies in the morning keep getting better and better. I love the scriptures. I really do. I've currently been praying that I can have more questions because I absolutely love finding the answers. It takes patience a lot of the time but I get so excited to feel the spirit teach me the answers. This morning I was able to make a breakthrough with a question I've had since the MTC. Not completely answered yet but definitely closer to figuring it out.

I LOVE the wheelbarrow firepit. It makes me miss home :) How was the rest of the week with Melissa Tucker there. I can't wait to hear about all the fun adventures. Seth sent me a pretty long email that made me smile so big even before I read it. I always look like such a goof ball at the library. I just can't stop smiling. Oh and Willie is NOT a member of the church - even with his BYU hat.

Pis doing great and we have regular contact with her new missionaries. This week was a lot of things. We were waiting at the institute for a girl to show up... she never did. We had a goal to find one new investigator that day though. So with 10 minutes until we had to be home we started walking and were lead to a brick apartment building. The first door we knocked on was a pagan man who smelled like he hadn't showered in several weeks. However, the second door was M. She let us in for a short lesson because she was heading to bed pretty soon. She was a little hesitant about praying but at the end of the lesson she said she would try it. She said a beautiful prayer. So sincere and honest. Afterward she said something along the lines of, "Wow, that was easier than I thought it'd be." It was amazing to be there for someone's first prayer. The spirit was there and I know that she felt it.

Sister Haas (my MTC companion) and I were companions for a day this week! We went on exchanges and had a wonderful time working together again. We saw some really cool things but I can't load pictures on this computer for some reason, so it'll have to wait until next week.

Ok so on Wednesday we met a man named M (another new investigator) that we taught on campus when we ran into him on the sidewalk. Afterward I had to use the restroom so we stepped inside a building and found one right away. Tender mercy. I went in first and was in the stall when Sister Bible walked in. I started talking to her (yeah I'm that person that continues converstaions in the bathroom) when I didn't get a response. I said, "Sister Bible?" a girl laughed and said kindly that she was someone else. Well that's when I started laughing and then she left before I saw who it was... Yup, one awkward moment after another. That's me for ya.

The reason I tell this story is that two families brought individuals to church yesterday!! SO COOL! One of which, when Sister Bible and I introduced ourselves said, "Oh! I was the girl you were talking to in the bathroom the other day!" So random haha.

So I organized a zone hiking adventure today! We went to a place called Vedawoo just a few miles outside of town (like 15 or so). Most everyone went and we all enjoyed picking a random spot and boonie crashing until we got there. No fancy hiking trails where we were. I loved it and I think everyone had a really good time. We have plans to go again next week :)

Love, Sister Hoer

No comments:

Post a Comment