Monday, June 10, 2013

Fort Collins Letter #14

Last week flew by. Right after I emailed last Monday we went to do our shopping (in the car) and saw a girl stuck in the right turn lane of a busy road. I was driving and immediately pulled off the next chance I got and said, "I'm going to get her out of the road, who's with me?" The three other sisters in the car agreed. We hurried to her car and noticed she had been crying and was understandably a little upset. We just calmly told her to put the car in neutral and we would push it where ever she needed to go. Everything is going to be alright. Thankfully she believed us and we (skirts, missionary tags, ballet flats, and all) started pushing. We got going so fast that we were all running and couldn't help but laugh at how silly we probably looked. A man came out of no where and started to help us push. It was an incredible experience to see good people come together when a need is presented. I have really been able to see the miracles that come from what most people would classify as "bad" situations. There is good everywhere, and that is because God is everywhere. We pushed her to a nearby parking lot where she would be able to think clearly and not be worried about all the cars zooming around her. It felt so good to help somebody. It felt so good to be reminded that amazing things come out of every situation.

Sister Rosier and I get along great. We laugh all the time and are just happy. Times are hard sometimes but we know why we are here, we know that the message we share is true, and we know how much it has the potential to benefit people. That keeps us going. 

Remember J and S?? Well, we stopped by on Thursday. S answered the door and immediately said, "Come on in!" She and their kids, finally moved here and they accepted and acted on an invitation to come to church on Sunday. So cool.

We taught a young man named C Friday morning. He responded well to the message and sincerely agreed to read the Book of Mormon. He is really involved in his church currently, but asked some insightful questions and I think has an open mind. 

Sister Rosier and I make bets on what we are having for dinner occasionally. Loser has to use a word (that the other person chooses) during our dinner conversation. I had to use the word "gum-shoe" which Sister Rosier had to explain to me because I had never even heard of it before. So that was interesting. I did the best I could but probably sounded like a weirdo. What's new :) 

Sunday was great. D didn't show, but S and her kids came to church as I already mentioned. Then we had a lesson with G afterward. She didn't have a lot of time so we made it short but I think she's coming to church two weeks from now (she didn't want to commit to come on Father's Day). 

Life is good. Love you guys. Loved your letter about the temple Mom. It really changed my perspective out here. Heavenly Father puts us in families to learn and grow. It's amazing (but not surprising) to see how inspiring we all are to each other. 

Sister Hoer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment