Monday, July 8, 2013

Final Fort Collins Letter



 
Oh man. I love reading about the family. :) How were your independence day celebrations and BBQ? Letters from Jason and Dayna, Carsten, Cannon, Taven, Joanne Hill, and a package from home made my week :) I feel so spoiled all the time. Thank you!!!
 
WE SET D (one of our investigators) WITH A BAPTISMAL DATE!!! Sister Rosier extended the invitation and I was so proud of her. I told her that I wasn't going to invite her no matter what, so if you want her to get baptized, you'll have to do it. So it took a couple lessons but I think it was very beneficial for Sister Rosier to do that. I've noticed a difference in her since then. She has grown so much over the last six weeks. She is such an excellent missionary and becoming much more confident. 
 
I mentioned we've been teaching ward members and helping them with their own missionary efforts. Stetson Creek Ward is amazing! Several of our ward members now have fulfilled their commitments of praying/fasting about specific individuals and creating family mission plans. We've really been able to see our efforts from the last six weeks start to become visible. It has been incredible. So many people have invitations extended or ones that they plan to extend. 
 
July 4th we got to meet President and Sister Brown!!!! They are amazing people and I feel like I love them already. Uncle Mike was mentioned during President Brown's introduction and it was fun to talk about him for a minute. I already feel like I'm friends with my new mission president. That same meeting, two people were called to bear their testimony. An Elder who is almost done with his mission and myself were the lucky ones. I can't really explain it, but I guess I feel like I can trust President Brown with anything and for some reason I feel like he feels the same way with me. (Probably due to my amazing family members that he is already familiar with - it's really neat to see how much difference a name can make and how influential it is when we represent that name in a positive way). 

Thursday night, we got a late phone call where I was randomly invited to attend the Missionary Leadership Council meeting the following day. Ok.... It was such a good meeting.  You could really feel how much the mission leaders love the people and missionaries they serve. I felt like an overwhelming theme of the meeting was: what can I change to help those that are struggling, or to help people come closer to Christ. It was all about truly loving people as Christ does and so inspirational. I felt a little out of place because I was simply a trainer and everyone else there were zone leaders or sister training leaders. 
 
Saturday night we found out that both Sister Rosier and I would be transferred. It was really hard to find out we are both leaving after finally being able to see some of the consequences of our hard work, but I told Sister Rosier the other day that I hope it's this hard for us to leave every area we serve in because that means we did our job... right? Anyway, she is going to Greeley which everyone who we've told just says something along the lines of, "Oh... it smells terrible there" Hahaha she's being a good sport about it.
 
Dad, you got your wish!! I'm heading up to Laramie, Wyoming today. I'll be serving in the University ward (and I think 3 other wards) with Sister Bible and I will be a Sister Training Leader. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. The missionary leadership council invite makes more sense now... I feel like I'm in over my head a little bit, but I know that Heavenly Father will help me reach the sister missionaries I'll be responsible for. I know that he strengthens us so often, and especially when we are in the service of others. I'm a little bummed I only got one transfer on a bike, but with the hottest months coming up I'm trying to look on the bright side of the situation. Another good thing is that I won't be nearly as sweaty for lessons haha. Nothing says 'come to my church' like a tomato red Rashauna face. 
 
Life is so good. I love being a missionary. I love so many people in this area. I love Sister Rosier. It's hard to say goodbye, but I love my Savior and know that He is constantly supporting me in all that I do. 
 
Love,
Sister Rashauna Hoer


No comments:

Post a Comment