Monday, March 25, 2013

Fort Collins Letter #3



An older woman is yelling about Sante Fe in the library right now... not intentionally of course. An employee is helping her on the computer and she is yelling all her questions at the worker. I don't think she can hear very well. What do you think?  :)

So this week has been amazing. It all started last Saturday or Sunday when I starting praying a little differently. I had always asked for help to find those that the Lord has prepared but nothing was really happening even though we were doing all we could to find people to share the gospel with. So knowing this, I told Heavenly Father that I knew there were people here; here in the Stetson Creek Area that were prepared to hear what He has to offer them. I told Him with all my heart that I know they are here and that I can't find them without His help. (This has been made very apparent through our unsuccessful weeks tracting and such) Well, Monday night rolled around and we headed over to some apartments to tract. Before knocking on a single door, we ran into a woman sitting on the patio of an apartment we had already tried knocking a few days prior. The woman, S, and her two children live in another state and were visiting her husband over spring break. She was so open to conversation and shared some really incredible experiences as we asked questions and taught the whole first lesson. We left her with a Book of Mormon, a prayer, and a promise to check back in. 

Well the week flew by (full of very unique tracting stories, service opportunities, and meeting more of our ward's members). When we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow Saturday morning, my companion was disappointed but I couldn't help but smile knowing that more people would be home than usual. I couldn't wait to get started. Wanting to make sure and see S before she left the next morning, we walked over (it was a "no drive day" for missionaries) and knocked on the door. Her husband, J answered and invited us in. We all sat down on the floor and got to know their family a little bit. They are so kind and have the most comforting southern accents. We then brought up the gospel and included J this time. When I bore testimony of how much Christ's gospel could bless him and his family and asked if that is something he would be interested in hearing more about, he responded with, "I'll listen, but I'm not going to say anything." Well we prayed and began teaching. He asked several questions, shared his thoughts, and spoke openly about the kind of father he wants to be to his kids. Oh, and S mentioned how they had plans to go to the zoo that day, but then it snowed! I was beaming by the time we left their apartment thinking about how grateful I was for the spirit and the snow. I cannot wait to return this Saturday to teach their family again (S via computer). 

The Lord really does act on faith and I know that my faith gave Heavenly Father an opportunity to bless someone else. It is an extremely humbling experience to know how much He has assisted us in finding this beautiful family that is sincerely searching for truth.

I love you all and am working really hard to get letters written to everyone. Know that I think about you all the time and truly live to read about what you are up to. :) Thank you for the love, support, pictures, and time you spend to make sure I know you care.  

I don't know where I'd be without my family and the knowledge that we get to be together forever.

Love you, 
Sister Rashauna Hoer

No comments:

Post a Comment