Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Rawlins Letter #7

Homemade wheat bread - thanks for the recipe, mom!

We went over to the Smiley's for dinner and they gave us each a care package.

I made sweet potato fries with a giant sweet potato a member gave us.

(Note: this email follows news that her mission president gave her last Friday that her uncle had passed away, as well as an email we sent to her about her uncle that she received yesterday.)

I have been praying nonstop for the family and occasionally (usually right when I feel like giving up) I get the most peaceful feeling. I know it must be beyond difficult to go through what the family is going through right now, but I know Heavenly Father is watching over all of us. I am so touched by all of the tender mericies you told me about. The fact that Robert got to talk to all of us kids and Christina before his passing, you were able to spend quality time with him, and that Eric and Grandpa were able to be there. I just loved the story about Bryce giving Robert blessings. I was sobbing, but just have full faith in the Priesthood and the Atonement.  I love thinking about how peaceful and pain free Robert is. The glue that's holding me together right now for so many reasons is - the Gospel. Where would we be without it?

So, I got a blessing just the day before President called to tell me about Robert. I never ask for blessings. Never. It was really cool to have the peace that comes with a Priesthood blessing when hearing the news. President Brown and my companion, Sister Waite, have been incredible. I am very well taken care of out here and it's comforting to know that you are all taken care of by the same source. Different people, but it can be traced back to Heavenly Father. In a stake conference in Loveland someone said, "You think you are going through a change, but you're not. You were in His hands before and you are in His hands now." That phrase has come to my mind a lot whenever I start to worry about how the family is doing.

As far as a weekly email goes:

I believe in prayer. We have had so many answered prayers this week. We were able to contact R and S (after a long dry spell) and will be having a lesson with them tonight. We'll probably be teaching the Play of Salvation, which will be hard for me right now, but really neat at the same time.

We knocked on a woman's door. Someone in our ward had recommended that we stop by. A young woman answered and seemed very hesitant but explained that she was a member of the church.  We asked if we could share a brief message and she invited us in.  After a little bit we figured out that she has been thinking of going back to church and said, "I saw you walk up and I was so excited because I knew exactly what you wanted to talk about."

T and her family came to church!! During a lesson this week we asked how she was feeling. She answered, "Good, really good. Actually, I've been feeling good every since you two showed up." Heavenly Father knows His children. There have been several times that we have said things or taught things that were exactly what she was thinking and needed to discuss. There is just no way that we would be able to know that. I know that the spirit is helping us in every way possible to help her come unto Christ. It's incredible. We invited her to be baptized on the 12th of July. The whole family gasped. Sister Waite and I paused...is this good, bad, terrible, wonderful...we had no idea what was going on. T then explained to us that 12 is a very important number in their family. Their anniversary, birthdays, all sorts of important days all fall on the 12th of various months. She had a huge smile when she said yes and said she can't stop thinking about it.

Heavenly Father continues to spoil Sister Waite and I in Rawlins. Members here are just incredible.

Love, Sister Rashauna Hoer

PS: Family, the surveys have me laughing like a weirdo! I LOVE your answers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment