Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Greeley Letter #17

"Achievement Day girls, rock." (Direct quote from Rashauna)

Zone Conference
 
Getting the new love of her life -- the bike

Awesome mural in downtown Greeley, CO

Rashauna found a house that matches her new bike!

A missionary & a bike...

 

I'm so excited you get to see Emma. She is absolutely gorgeous.

So.... I'm staying in Greeley!!!!! Sister T is going to Centennial ward just across town. I can't believe I'm staying here. A little girl in our ward came up to me and said, "You're going to be the missionary that stays here forever!" Haha I hope so. I feel so lucky to be staying here again. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I'm sure happy about it.
 
Well, a lot happened this week. R is doing soooo good. We set him with another baptismal date, April 26th :) and he came to church on Sunday. He regularly pays his tithing. He is so cool. He told me after our last lesson that I was going to have crazy kids that do whatever they want, because that's how I am..... uh oh. During Sacrament meeting we sat behind a little girl who threw one fit after another and was throwing papers and anything she could get her hands on. He leaned over and whispered, "that's exactly what I mean, that's what your kids are going to be like." Haha, I couldn't help but laugh a little (and feel slightly terrified because he's probably right). Richard cracks me up. Sunday was fantastic. I felt the spirit throughout Sacrament meeting, we taught the gospel principles lesson on charity (I love teaching.... I absolutely love it), and then during Relief Society we had the most powerful lesson on why we take the Sacrament. Sister Walker used a beautiful analogy about her son who just completed his third deployment in Afghanistan. She said that the Sacrament was much like her fighter pilot son landing safely in Germany (preparatory to flying all the way home to the United States). The Sacrament brings us to safe ground, out of enemy territory. Preparing us to return home to our Heavenly Father. I love analogies, too. The spirit taught me throughout the entire 3 hour church session. I needed that.
 
I also fell in love this week. I found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. I want to spend every day with him. I find myself getting distracted just thinking about him..... I don't even know his name because I haven't thought of one yet. It's my new bike. It's a fixie :) He's beautiful. We go on bike rides in the morning now and found this amazing painting downtown this morning. (*see pictures, words won't do it justice)
 
We had a zone conference on Tuesday where I was able to show off my newly acquired spirit animal. Life just keeps getting better :) It was an incredible meeting. We decorated Sister Walker's kitchen (we live with the Walkers now) that night because it was her birthday on the 11th. She woke up to find all of it :)
 
J, B and family fed us this week and plan to sign up every week now that they know about the dinner calendar, haha. They are doing really well. AND we had the coolest dinner appointment on Wednesday. It was with A, her family (investigators) and the Seamons (members). We taught the first discussion to A and her husband, S. They asked amazing questions and talked about baptism as when, not if. They have been surrounded by Mormons for years now. I feel so incredibly lucky to be staying here to continue teaching them. We have another appointment this week where we'll be inviting them to be baptized. :) Prayers would be much appreciated on their behalf.
 
I love this work. I (surprisingly) love Greeley. Who thought that would happen? I can't believe I get to stay here still.
 
Sincerely,
Sister Rashauna Hoer
 








No comments:

Post a Comment